More From William Scranton
- "Another very strong image from the first day was giving my initial press conference in the morning – going down and finding out that everything I had said, the essence of what I had said, was wrong."
- "And at ten, or whatever time, in the morning we had the press conference, what we knew is there had been an incident at Three Mile Island, that it was shut down, that there was water that had escaped but it was contained."
- "And if you’re not going to have a clear health threat, you don’t want to panic people."
More In Medical
- "There are three subjects on which the knowledge of the medical profession in general is woefully weak; they are manners, morals, and medicine."― Gerald F. Lieberman
- "That’s the thing. in medicine, you’re used to saying there’s a problem within the person, and saying there’s a problem within the culture, that’s not a medical answer. Medicine has to look in one direction, so there’s only one type of answer that they can find."― Chester Brown
- "Although awareness of cancer’s prevalence in the United States improves and medical advances in the field abound, pancreatic cancer has largely been absent from the list of major success stories."― Chris Van Hollen