More From William Banting
- "My diminished girth, in tailor phraseology, was hardly conceivable even by my own friends, or my respected medical adviser, until I put on my former clothing, over what I now wear, which is a thoroughly convincing proof of the remarkable change."
- "For the sake of argument and illustration I will presume that certain articles of ordinary diet, however beneficial in youth, are prejudicial in advanced life, like beans to a horse, whose common ordinary food is hay and corn."
More In Diet
- "And I grew up on a steady diet of science fiction, especially apocalyptic and postapocalyptic fiction."― Justin Cronin
- "If you believe in your heart that you are right, you must fight with all your might to do it your way. Only dead fish swim with the stream all the time."― Linda Ellerbee
- "I pay attention to my diet to be a healthier gymnast, but I’m not obsessive over it."― Shawn Johnson