More From Tom Waits
- "Don’t you know there ain’t no devil, it’s just god when he’s drunk."
- "Most songs have meager beginnings. You wake up in the morning, you throw on your suspenders, and you subvocalize and just think. They seem to form like calcium. I can’t think of a story right off the bat that was that interesting. I write things on the back of my hand, usually, and sing into a tape recorder."
- "Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who’s connected with it, the studio’s gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that’s left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago."
More In Music
- "Music makes me high on stage, and that’s the truth. It’s like being almost addicted to music."― Jimi Hendrix
- "I don’t want to limit myself musically. It would be really limiting if we’d neglect something we really want to do, like explore other styles of music."― Billie Joe Armstrong
- "I’m enjoying the work while I get it right now."― Louis C. K.