More From Tom Waits
- "Don’t you know there ain’t no devil, it’s just god when he’s drunk."
- "Their memory’s like a train: you can see it getting smaller as it pulls away And the things you can’t remember Tell the things you can’t forget that History puts a saint in every dream."
- "You hope people are going to be listening to you after you’re gone. And they like you better after you’re gone."
More In Music
- "I’ve never intended to be controversial, but it’s very easy to be controversial in pop music because nobody ever is."― Steven Patrick Morrissey
- "Ain’t nobody making music to not be heard and the easiest way to be heard is to be on the radio, but you should never compromise who you are, your values or your morals."― Talib Kweli
- "Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man."― Norman Cousins