More From Tom Waits
- "Their memory’s like a train: you can see it getting smaller as it pulls away And the things you can’t remember Tell the things you can’t forget that History puts a saint in every dream."
- "Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who’s connected with it, the studio’s gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that’s left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago."
- "You hope people are going to be listening to you after you’re gone. And they like you better after you’re gone."
More In Music
- "They are the only people in the world who I can truly trust and rely on. Touring gets really lonely. I guess I have friends around me but when you’re paying them can they ever really be true friends?"― Kelly Osbourne
- "You know, all my songs are relatives, brothers, sisters, cousins."― David Coverdale
- "There are certain sounds that I’ve found work well in nearly any context. Their function is not so much musical as spatial: they define the edges of the territory of the music."― Brian Eno