More From Thomas Jefferson
- "It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."
- "I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be."
- "I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office."
More In Government
- "The republican is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the rights of mankind."― Thomas Jefferson
- "All’s the government should do is keep the taxes and regulations at a manageable rate, keep a decent standing army and get out of the way."― Adam Carolla
- "I’m a very brave person. I can go to North Vietnam, I can challenge my government, but I can’t challenge the man I’m with if means I’m going to end up alone."― Jane Fonda