More From Thomas Jefferson
- "So confident am I in the intentions, as well as wisdom, of the government, that I shall always be satisfied that what is not done, either cannot, or ought not to be done."
- "History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is."
- "I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master."
More In Government
- "Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government."― Thomas Jefferson
- "My diet is always terrible, unfortunately. I don’t know moderation."― Sean Astin
- "Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone – but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming."― William Hazlitt