More From Thomas Jefferson
- "The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- "It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others: or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own."
- "As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also."
More In Government
- "A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference."― Thomas Jefferson
- "I told another ESPN friend here, I love all sports. I can’t think of any I don’t love. I’ve even come to appreciate cricket. Maybe I could play a sportswriter. I don’t know. Anything in the sports realm is appealing."― Sean Astin
- "The Israeli government has proved over the past year its commitment to peace, both in words and deeds. By contrast, the Palestinians are posing preconditions for renewing the diplomatic process in a way they have not done over the course of 16 years."― Benjamin Netanyahu