More From Thomas Jefferson
- "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- "The second office in the government is honorable and easy; the first is but a splendid misery."
- "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom."
More In Politics
- "Politics in a literary work, is like a gun shot in the middle of a concert, something vulgar, and however, something which is impossible to ignore."― Stendhal
- "When you are in any contest, you should work as if there were – to the very last minute – a chance to lose it. This is battle, this is politics, this is anything."― Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "I’ve committed myself to serve my constituents in South Shields and I have committed myself to British politics."― David Miliband