More From Thomas Carlyle
- "It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics."
- "True humor springs not more from the head than from the heart. It is not contempt; its essence is love. It issues not in laughter, but in still smiles, which lie far deeper."
- "The difference between Socrates and Jesus? The great conscious and the immeasurably great unconscious."
More In Imagination
- "Without imagination we can go nowhere. And imagination is not restricted to the arts. Every scientist I have met who has been a success has had to imagine."― Rita Dove
- "I am not interested in slice of life, what I want is a slice of the imagination."― Carlos Fuentes
- "Enthusiasm is that temper of the mind in which the imagination has got the better of the judgment."― William Warburton