More From Thomas Carlyle
- "Every day that is born into the world comes like a burst of music and rings the whole day through, and you make of it a dance, a dirge, or a life march, as you will."
- "Oh, give us the man who sings at his work."
- "Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time and deliberately, rebel against anything that does not deserve rebelling against."
More In Imagination
- "One is never fortunate or as unfortunate as one imagines."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Philosophy and Art both render the invisible visible by imagination."― George Henry Lewes
- "The capacity you’re thinking of is imagination; without it there can be no understanding, indeed no fiction."― William Trevor