More From Agnes Smedley
- "Now, being a girl, I was ashamed of my body and my lack of strength. So I tried to be a man. I shot, rode, jumped, and took part in all the fights of the boys."
- "And the woman who could win the respect of man was often the woman who could knock him down with her bare fists and sit on him until he yelled for help."
- "My mother listened to all the news from the camp during the strike. She said little, especially when my father or the men who worked for him were about I remember her instinctive and unhesitating sympathy for the miners."
More In Imagination
- "Here is everything which can lay hold of the eye, ear and imagination – everything which can charm and bewitch the simple and ignorant. I wonder how Luther ever broke the spell."― John Adams
- "George has only got to ring me. His imagination is so wonderful, I’d do any character he might create."― Peter Mayhew
- "To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science."― Albert Einstein