More From Stokely Carmichael
- "We had no more courage than Harriet Tubman or Marcus Garvey had in their times. We just had a more vulnerable enemy."
- "Before a group can enter the open society, it must first close ranks."
- "An organization which claims to be working for the needs of a community – as SNCC does – must work to provide that community with a position of strength from which to make its voice heard. This is the significance of black power beyond the slogan."
More In Freedom
- "Among the many values in life, I appreciate freedom most."― Haruki Murakami
- "To create architecture is to put in order. Put what in order? Function and objects."― Le Corbusier
- "Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one’s government is not necessarily to secure freedom."― Friedrich August von Hayek