More From Stokely Carmichael
- "Before a group can enter the open society, it must first close ranks."
- "We were aware of the fact that death walks hand in hand with struggle."
- "An organization which claims to be working for the needs of a community – as SNCC does – must work to provide that community with a position of strength from which to make its voice heard. This is the significance of black power beyond the slogan."
More In Freedom
- "Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground."― Frederick Douglass
- "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."― Ronald Reagan
- "To declaim freedom verses seems like a poem within a poem; freedom requires guns, it requires arms, but no feet."― Franz Grillparzer