More From Sargent Shriver
- "Any idealist who tries to join the Peace Corps must realize he is not going to change the world overnight."
- "As far as I was concerned, the Depression was an ill wind that blew some good. If it hadn’t occurred, my parents would have given me my college education. As it was, I had to scrabble for it."
- "Racism cannot be cured solely by attacking some of the results it produces, like discrimination in housing or in education."
More In Government
- "When the people become involved in their government, government becomes more accountable, and our society is stronger, more compassionate, and better prepared for the challenges of the future."― Arnold Schwarzenegger
- "My two daughters live on Facebook, and social media is their mode of communication."― Tony Goldwyn
- "Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government."― George Washington