More From Sargent Shriver
- "Respect for another man’s opinion is worthy. It is the realization that any opinion is valuable, for it is the sign of a rational being."
- "Do we talk about the dignity of work? Do we give our students any reason for believing it is worthwhile to sacrifice for their work because such sacrifices improve the psychological and mental health of the person who makes them?"
- "Does politics have to be injected into everything?"
More In Government
- "In a very weak economy, when you say ‘cut government spending,’ what you mean is you’re laying off school teachers and you’re de-funding various programs that put money into the economy. This means you have more unemployed people that then draw unemployment benefits and don’t pay taxes."― Fareed Zakaria
- "This is a generation weaned on Watergate, and there is no presumption of innocence and no presumption of good intentions. Instead, there is a presumption that, without relentless scrutiny, the government will misbehave."― Dee Dee Myers
- "Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison."― Henry David Thoreau