More From Samuel Adams
- "It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
- "He who is void of virtuous attachments in private life is, or very soon will be, void of all regard for his country. There is seldom an instance of a man guilty of betraying his country, who had not before lost the feeling of moral obligations in his private connections."
- "The rich man’s dog gets more in the way of vaccination, medicine and medical care than do the workers upon whom the rich man’s wealth is built."
More In Best
- "I am afraid we must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy."― George Bernard Shaw
- "I photographed rocks and trees and tide pools and nudes and all that stuff for years and years. Until 20 years ago when I found that I could do it in the studio and never have to travel."― Kim Weston
- "It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes."― Anne Baxter