More From Maya Angelou
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
- "The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind."
More In Time
- "You don’t have to be singing about love all the time in order to give love to the people. You don’t have to keep flashing those words all the time."― Jimi Hendrix
- "Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth."― Swami Vivekananda
- "In time, we shall be in a position to bestow on South Africa the greatest possible gift – a more human face."― Steven Biko