More From Maya Angelou
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
More In Work
- "Sampling is kind of prehistoric, given the technology and the textures you can create."― Macklemore
- "We must cultivate our own garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to rest."― Voltaire
- "The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men."― George Eliot