More From Maya Angelou
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
- "The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
More In Work
- "Live your life, do your work, then take your hat."― Henry David Thoreau
- "Finally, I would like to remind record companies that they have a cultural responsibility to give the buying public great music. Milking a trend to death is not contributing to culture and is ultimately not profitable."― Tony Visconti
- "Hairdressers are a wonderful breed. You work one-on-one with another human being and the object is to make them feel so much better and to look at themselves with a twinkle in their eye."― Vidal Sassoon