More From Maya Angelou
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
More In Anger
- "The anger that appears to be building up between the sexes becomes more virulent with every day that passes. And far from women taking the blame… the fact is that men are invariably portrayed as the bad guys. Being a good man is like being a good Nazi."― Dave Thomas
- "Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head."― Arthur Schopenhauer
- "When you start suppressing feelings at an early age, it hurts you down the road. Full expression of anger and pain is very important."― Andrew Shue