More From Maya Angelou
- "There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
More In Life
- "The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."― Albert Einstein
- "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."― George Washington Carver
- "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts."― Henry David Thoreau