More From Maya Angelou
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
- "While the rest of the world has been improving technology, Ghana has been improving the quality of man’s humanity to man."
More In Anger
- "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."― Jack Layton
- "When I was younger, I was terrified to express anger because it would often kick-start a horrible reaction in the men in my life. So I bit my tongue. I was left to painstakingly deal with the aftermath of my avoidance later in life, in therapy or through the lyrics of my songs."― Alanis Morissette
- "Every child senses, with all the horse sense that’s in him, that any parent is angry inside when children misbehave and they dread more the anger that is rarely or never expressed openly, wondering how awful it might be."― Benjamin Spock