More From Mark Twain
- "Substitute “damn” every time you’re inclined to write “very”; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."
- "There are people who can do all fine and heroic things but one – keep from telling their happiness to the unhappy."
- "If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first."
More In Freedom
- "I have no choice about whether or not I have Parkinson’s. I have nothing but choices about how I react to it. In those choices, there’s freedom to do a lot of things in areas that I wouldn’t have otherwise found myself in."― Michael J. Fox
- "Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces."― Charlie Dent
- "I think that we could be more careful about what we’re saying to young women in terms of their expectations. It’s unrealistic to expect people to always be in designer clothes. Girls growing up deserve more freedom in how they look and how they feel about how they look."― Emily Procter