More From Maggie Gyllenhaal
- "A play is much easier to maintain your personal life with because if you’re rehearsing, you’re working like from 11 to 6 or 11 to 5 and you get to have your whole morning and your whole evening. When you’re doing the play, you have all day."
- "Ten years ago, it was really difficult for a young actress to walk onto a set and disagree with the director and having that be OK and have a conversation about it and everyone be cool with it."
- "I studied English literature; I took 2 independent religion classes, but I wasn’t a religion major really."
More In Freedom
- "Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he does good not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."― Mikhail Bakunin
- "For in the end, freedom is a personal and lonely battle; and one faces down fears of today so that those of tomorrow might be engaged."― Alice Walker
- "My mom always taught me to be sweet and polite and cross my legs because it’s what the guys like. Actually, they like a raunchy girl once in a while."― Tiffani Amber Thiessen