More From Ludwig Wittgenstein
- "Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."
- "Nowadays it is the fashion to emphasize the horrors of the last war. I didn’t find it so horrible. There are just as horrible things happening all round us today, if only we had eyes to see them."
- "Humor is not a mood but a way of looking at the world. So if it is correct to say that humor was stamped out in Nazi Germany, that does not mean that people were not in good spirits, or anything of that sort, but something much deeper and more important."
More In Education
- "Sixty years ago I knew everything; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."― Will Durant
- "I can concentrate on my art."― Lou Reed
- "The American education system couldn’t be more badly directed or poorly funded if the Secretary of Education were Ed Wood."― Dennis Miller