More From Lauren Bacall
- "When everything happens to you when you’re so young, you’re very lucky, but by the same token, you’re never going to have that same feeling again. The first time anything happens to you – your first love, your first success – the second one is never the same."
- "I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that."
- "I put my career in second place throughout both my marriages and it suffered. I don’t regret it. You make choices. If you want a good marriage, you must pay attention to that. If you want to be independent, go ahead. You can’t have it all."
More In Travel
- "To travel hopefully is better than to arrive."― James Jeans
- "I’m vegan on home base, but when I travel to other countries, I throw it all into the garbage."― Lake Bell
- "I grew up under Communism so we could only learn Russian, and then when Communism fell in 1989 we could learn a few more things and have the freedom to travel and the freedom of speech – and the freedom of dreaming, really."― Petra Nemcova