More From Knute Rockne
- "One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it."
- "Four years of football are calculated to breed in the average man more of the ingredients of success in life than almost any academic course he takes."
- "At home we’re the hosts, and I never liked the idea of being embarrased in front of our friends."
More In Death
- "Life levels all men. Death reveals the eminent."― George Bernard Shaw
- "A tragedy need not have blood and death; it’s enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy."― Jean Racine
- "My mortal foe can no ways wish me a greater harm than England’s hate; neither should death be less welcome unto me than such a mishap betide me."― Elizabeth I