More From Julie Christie
- "I never will have peace of mind. I’m not constructed that way. Some things in life can be horrible."
- "I’ve never quite understood why people marry; marriage is just an invented structure."
- "Happiness is the absence of suffering. I think it’s an interesting way of looking at it. I think the absence of suffering exists very rarely in the world we live in."
More In Politics
- "By 2000, politics will simply fade away. We will not see any political parties."― R. Buckminster Fuller
- "Politics thrives on simple, clean messages, something that played to Obama’s advantage in 2008. Stagnant unemployment and the loss of America’s AAA rating are as simple and tough as they come. This is the economy on Obama’s watch, and there’s no one left to blame."― John Sununu
- "On the other side, I do believe that the rhetoric we are seeing from the Democrats today is unprecedented, is a new low in presidential politics and goes beyond political discourse and amounts to political hate speech."― Ed Gillespie