More From Joseph Wood Krutch
- "The snow itself is lonely or, if you prefer, self-sufficient. There is no other time when the whole world seems composed of one thing and one thing only."
- "Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude."
- "If people destroy something replaceable made by mankind, they are called vandals; if they destroy something irreplaceable made by God, they are called developers."
More In Beauty
- "Beauty is also submitted to the taste of time, so a beautiful woman from the Belle Epoch is not exactly the perfect beauty of today, so beauty is something that changes with time."― Karl Lagerfeld
- "Beauty, whether moral or natural, is felt, more properly than perceived."― David Hume
- "I am obsessed with beauty. I want everything to be perfect, and of course it isn’t. And that’s a tough place to be because you’re never satisfied."― Robert Mapplethorpe