More From John Wooden
- "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
- "Friendship is two-sided. It isn’t a friend just because someone’s doing something nice for you. That’s a nice person. There’s friendship when you do for each other. It’s like marriage – it’s two-sided."
- "I think permitting the game to become too physical takes away a little bit of the beauty."
More In Dad
- "He described how, as a boy of 14, his dad had been down the mining pit, his uncle had been down the pit, his brother had been down the pit, and of course he would go down the pit."― Barbara Castle
- "I think I had kind of an advantage. When I was growing up, my dad had just got out of jail and he had a great record collection. He had – it was all – these were the songs. So I heard a lot of these songs, like, my whole life, so for me it was easy. I already knew what I was going to sing."― Chris Isaak
- "I want any excuse to come home. My dad is not a spring chicken any more. If anyone says, ‘Go buy a postage stamp in London,’ I’ll go and do it."― Emily Mortimer