More From John Burroughs
- "I have discovered the secret of happiness – it is work, either with the hands or the head. The moment I have something to do, the draughts are open and my chimney draws, and I am happy."
- "Joy in the universe, and keen curiosity about it all – that has been my religion."
- "To treat your facts with imagination is one thing, to imagine your facts is another."
More In Life
- "I’ve always taken ‘The Wizard of Oz’ very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I’ve spent my entire life trying to get over it."― Judy Garland
- "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."― Ayn Rand
- "If there existed no external means for dimming their consciences, one-half of the men would at once shoot themselves, because to live contrary to one’s reason is a most intolerable state, and all men of our time are in such a state."― Leo Tolstoy