More From John Berger
- "Compassion has no place in the natural order of the world which operates on the basis of necessity. Compassion opposes this order and is therefore best thought of as being in some way supernatural."
- "What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time."
- "Ours is the century of enforced travel of disappearances. The century of people helplessly seeing others, who were close to them, disappear over the horizon."
More In Dreams
- "My childhood dreams were focused on being part of the effort to make humanity a multiplanetary species."― Peter Diamandis
- "To that class we may leave it to refine the vernacular dialects of the country, to enrich those dialects with terms of science borrowed from the Western nomenclature, and to render them by degrees fit vehicles for conveying knowledge to the great mass of the population."― Thomas B. Macaulay
- "I don’t like reading things that people say on the Internet because I know so much of it is not true. I don’t want to waste my time worrying about what other people are thinking. I just want to focus on being able to do cool projects."― Lily Collins