More From John Berger
- "What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time."
- "Ours is the century of enforced travel of disappearances. The century of people helplessly seeing others, who were close to them, disappear over the horizon."
- "Compassion has no place in the natural order of the world which operates on the basis of necessity. Compassion opposes this order and is therefore best thought of as being in some way supernatural."
More In Dreams
- "This may sound strange but I had dreams as a kid of doing exactly what I ended up doing in my life."― Corey Hart
- "Was it only by dreaming or writing that I could find out what I thought?"― Joan Didion
- "He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher… or, as his wife would have it, an idiot."― Douglas Adams