More From John Berger
- "What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time."
- "The human imagination… has great difficulty in living strictly within the confines of a materialist practice or philosophy. It dreams, like a dog in its basket, of hares in the open."
- "Ours is the century of enforced travel of disappearances. The century of people helplessly seeing others, who were close to them, disappear over the horizon."
More In Best
- "The best government is that which teaches us to govern ourselves."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "For myself, for a long time… maybe I felt inauthentic or something, I felt like my voice wasn’t worth hearing, and I think everyone’s voice is worth hearing. So if you’ve got something to say, say it from the rooftops."― Tom Hiddleston
- "Mondays are the potholes in the road of life."― Tom Wilson