More From Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
- "Trust him not with your secrets, who, when left alone in your room, turns over your papers."
- "I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."
More In Friendship
- "Friendship based solely upon gratitude is like a photograph; with time it fades."― Carmen Sylva
- "General benevolence, but not general friendship, made a man what he ought to be."― Jane Austen
- "Sports broadcasting is very open now. In the beginning you did encounter more traditional attitudes and get comments. But I’m talking about 12 years ago."― Kirsty Gallacher