More From Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."
- "The great rule of moral conduct is next to God, respect time."
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
More In Friendship
- "I have long enjoyed the friendship and companionship of Republicans because I am by instinct a teacher, and I would like to teach them something."― Woodrow Wilson
- "The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."― Hubert H. Humphrey
- "Love and esteem are the first principles of friendship; it is always imperfect if either of these two are wanting."― Eustace Budgell