More From Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
- "The great rule of moral conduct is next to God, respect time."
More In Friendship
- "I play- it’s kind of like a slice-of-life, LA women in their forties, playing forty kind of what’s their friendship like, and what’s their life like and so I just play one of the four friends."― Joan Cusack
- "It is only the great hearted who can be true friends. The mean and cowardly, Can never know what true friendship means."― Charles Kingsley
- "True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing."― Baltasar Gracian