More From Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."
- "Trust him not with your secrets, who, when left alone in your room, turns over your papers."
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
More In Friendship
- "Friendship is one mind in two bodies."― Mencius
- "Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious."― Thomas Aquinas
- "True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing."― Baltasar Gracian