More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "A politician never forgets the precarious nature of elective life. We have never established a practice of tenure in public office."
- "The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love."
- "Leadership in today’s world requires far more than a large stock of gunboats and a hard fist at the conference table."
More In Friendship
- "So far as it depends on the course of this government, our relations of good will and friendship will be sedulously cultivated with all nations."― John Tyler
- "The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another’s little lapses."― David Storey
- "You’ve got to reach a hand of friendship across the aisle and across philosophies in this country."― Joe Biden