More From Jesse Helms
- "I have tried at every point to seek God’s wisdom on the decisions I made, and I made it my business to speak up on behalf of the things God tells us are important to Him."
- "Conservatism is a hard choice for a society that has become accustomed to big government and big entitlements promoted by liberals."
- "That is why I fought against abortion and that is why if I were still in the Senate I would be doing everything I could to defend the sanctity of marriage."
More In Faith
- "I believe there is a moral sense and a global ethic that commands attention from people of every religion and every faith, and people of no faith. But I think what’s new is that we now have the capacity to communicate instantaneously across frontiers right across the world."― Gordon Brown
- "It would make life much easier if I could have total faith and not question everything all the time, but I can’t do it and I won’t do it."― Joey Skaggs
- "The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I’m thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family’s future."― Jackie Kennedy