More From Jesse Helms
- "Such schemes take money from people who can least afford to spend it to support an unneeded bureaucracy that eats money people thought they were providing for education."
- "I have tried at every point to seek God’s wisdom on the decisions I made, and I made it my business to speak up on behalf of the things God tells us are important to Him."
- "Conservatism is a hard choice for a society that has become accustomed to big government and big entitlements promoted by liberals."
More In Marriage
- "For now, capitalism is working to produce more money but does not see the people. This problem is getting worse across the world."― Lech Walesa
- "The comfortable estate of widowhood is the only hope that keeps up a wife’s spirits."― John Gay
- "Never tell a secret to a bride or a groom; wait until they have been married longer."― E. W. Howe