More From Jared Diamond
- "Introspection and preserved writings give us far more insight into the ways of past humans than we have into the ways of past dinosaurs. For that reason, I’m optimistic that we can eventually arrive at convincing explanations for these broadest patterns of human history."
- "Tasmanian history is a study of human isolation unprecedented except in science fiction – namely, complete isolation from other humans for 10,000 years."
- "We’re uncomfortable about considering history as a science. It’s classified as a social science, which is considered not quite scientific."
More In Science
- "We can make science personal, like a love story or your best friend."― Jim Sullivan
- "The rise of Google, the rise of Facebook, the rise of Apple, I think are proof that there is a place for computer science as something that solves problems that people face every day."― Eric Schmidt
- "But the power of science lies in open publication, which, with the rise of the Internet, is no longer constrained by the price of paper."― Michael Shermer