More From James Hillman
- "Depression opens the door to beauty of some kind."
- "It’s very hard to know what wisdom is."
- "Everything that everyone is afraid of has already happened: The fragility of capitalism, which we don’t want to admit; the loss of the empire of the United States; and American exceptionalism. In fact, American exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally backward in about fifteen different categories, from education to infrastructure."
More In Car
- "You must do as your people do. If my people are poor, I must be poor. People ask me, ‘Why don’t you find a personal coach or a private car?’ I can’t. Then I won’t be part of my people."― Haile Gebrselassie
- "I sometimes lie awake at night trying to think of something funny that Richard Nixon said."― Lyn Nofziger
- "And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."― Ayrton Senna