More From E. B. White
- "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
- "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."
- "I see nothing in space as promising as the view from a Ferris wheel."
More In Car
- "I remember being at Greenblatt’s on Sunset, and some guy just walked straight up to me, and he had some bling on and whatever, and said something about a party down in Malibu and asked if I would jump in his car and go to the party. All I could think was, ‘Who are you? I don’t know you, and I don’t care about how good your car is.’"― Yvonne Strahovski
- "The problem is that the Iraqi people are facing atrocities from both sides – Zarqawi and also the American troops at times. The Zarqawi groups uses car bombs, the Americans use other bombs. You also know what they do in the prisons."― Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
- "The world is full of abundance and opportunity, but far too many people come to the fountain of life with a sieve instead of a tank car… a teaspoon instead of a steam shovel. They expect little and as a result they get little."― Ben Sweetland