More From James A. Baldwin
- "American history is longer, larger, more various, more beautiful, and more terrible than anything anyone has ever said about it."
- "I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually."
- "There is never time in the future in which we will work out our salvation. The challenge is in the moment; the time is always now."
More In Education
- "Modern education has devoted itself to the teaching of impudence, and then we complain that we can no longer control our mobs."― John Ruskin
- "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."― Victor Hugo
- "Education is all a matter of building bridges."― Ralph Ellison