More From Anatole France
- "The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards."
- "War will disappear only when men shall take no part whatever in violence and shall be ready to suffer every persecution that their abstention will bring them. It is the only way to abolish war."
- "The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
More In Education
- "It is only as we develop others that we permanently succeed."― Harvey S. Firestone
- "‘Tis well enough for a servant to be bred at an University. But the education is a little too pedantic for a gentleman."― William Congreve
- "Anyone who has passed though the regular gradations of a classical education, and is not made a fool by it, may consider himself as having had a very narrow escape."― William Hazlitt