More From Hugh Jackman
- "Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh."
- "To make films like ‘X-Men’ work commercially – and also have some class – is one of the hardest things there is to do. I want to be seen to be able to cross lots of genres and still be ‘fair dinkum,’ as we say in Australia, which means genuine and true and, well, unique."
- "My father is a real idealist, and he’s all about learning. If I asked for a pair of Nikes growing up, it was just a resounding ‘No.’ But if I asked for a saxophone, one would appear and next day and I’d be signed up for lessons. So anything to do with education or learning, my father would spare no expense."
More In Home
- "Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I’m taking with me when I go."― Erma Bombeck
- "When I started competing, you had to have your coach there. Now you can be coached from a home office via Skype or video. That’s not the same as having them on the field with you."― Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- "We all have times when we go home at night and pull out our hair and feel misunderstood and lonely and like we’re falling. I think the brain is such that there is always going to be something missing."― Jude Law