More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "I learnt more about politics during one South Dakota dust storm than in seven years at the university."
- "Unfortunately, our affluent society has also been an effluent society."
- "If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment, so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work. If man feels small, let man make himself bigger."
More In Government
- "A tiny and closed fraternity of privileged men, elected by no one, and enjoying a monopoly sanctioned and licensed by government."― Spiro T. Agnew
- "I didn’t defraud the government by taking money that was not mine."― Wesley Snipes
- "People forget… that we structured it so that the government, or the people, would be repaid with a really good rate of return. And as it turns out, that aspect of TARP, that’s what happened."― George W. Bush