More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "We believe that to err is human. To blame it on someone else is politics."
- "For the first time in the history of mankind, one generation literally has the power to destroy the past, the present and the future, the power to bring time to an end."
- "Each child is an adventure into a better life – an opportunity to change the old pattern and make it new."
More In Government
- "As I approve of a youth that has something of the old man in him, so I am no less pleased with an old man that has something of the youth. He that follows this rule may be old in body, but can never be so in mind."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "I have long said there are three distinct groups under the GOP’s tent: theological warriors, who want to impose their social views on the rest of society; Tea Party zealots, who say with a straight face that they want the government to get out of their Medicare; and remnants of the pro-business moderates."― Eliot Spitzer
- "The Framers of the Bill of Rights did not purport to “create” rights. Rather, they designed the Bill of Rights to prohibit our Government from infringing rights and liberties presumed to be preexisting."― William J. Brennan, Jr.