More From Henry James
- "It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition."
- "It takes a great deal of history to produce a little literature."
- "The only success worth one’s powder was success in the line of one’s idiosyncrasy… what was talent but the art of being completely whatever one happened to be?"
More In Age
- "My parents from a very young age raised my sister and I under a pressure to achieve. They’re both attorneys. So good marks, getting through university, there was a huge emphasis and pressure to do well and keep going."― David Schwimmer
- "Even one voice can be heard loudly all over the world in this day and age."― Aung San Suu Kyi
- "Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth."― W. Somerset Maugham