More From Henry James
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
- "Life is a predicament which precedes death."
- "Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue."
More In Age
- "I never come back home with the same moral character I went out with; something or other becomes unsettled where I had achieved internal peace; some one or other of the things I had put to flight reappears on the scene."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "I’m sure I am impatient sometimes. I sure do get angry sometimes. I think it’s outrageous how hard it is to get this country to feed its children and to take care of its children, to give them a decent education."― Marian Wright Edelman
- "Happiness is ideal, it is the work of the imagination."― Marquis de Sade