More From Henry James
- "Money’s a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet."
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
- "I adore adverbs; they are the only qualifications I really much respect."
More In Age
- "My father was sleepless most of his life. So by the age of five, I was awake with him all night long, watching bad television or we’d lie in the same bed, and I’d read my comic books while he read his latest spy or mystery novel."― Sherman Alexie
- "I remember when I was 6 years old and my brother used to go seek out guys that were 13 to come over and play football against me while he was the ‘permanent quarterback.’ I didn’t know exactly what the age difference was, but I was already playing against older guys."― Junior Seau
- "No matter what age you are, or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning."― Barbara de Angelis