More From Henry James
- "It takes a great deal of history to produce a little literature."
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
More In Age
- "Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone."― Martha Beck
- "It is utterly false and cruelly arbitrary to put all the play and learning into childhood, all the work into middle age, and all the regrets into old age."― Margaret Mead
- "In my old age, I have been thinking about this, and I have reached the conclusion that those who have physical courage also have moral courage."― Oriana Fallaci