More From Henry James
- "The face of nature and civilization in this our country is to a certain point a very sufficient literary field. But it will yield its secrets only to a really grasping imagination. To write well and worthily of American things one need even more than elsewhere to be a master."
- "Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue."
- "A man who pretends to understand women is bad manners. For him to really to understand them is bad morals."
More In Beauty
- "I was not a good-lookin’ girl. I was extremely skinny. I wasn’t pretty. I wasn’t cool."― Celine Dion
- "We Orientals find beauty not only in the thing itself but in the pattern of the shadows, the light and darkness which that thing provides."― Junichiro Tanizaki
- "I’m at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there’s really nothing else that I worry about."― Lance Bass