More From Henry James
- "I think I don’t regret a single ‘excess’ of my responsive youth – I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn’t embrace."
- "It is art that makes life, makes interest, makes importance… and I know of no substitute whatever for the force and beauty of its process."
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
More In Respect
- "It goes without saying that the desire to accomplish the task with more confidence, to avoid wasting time and labour, and to spare our experimental animals as much as possible, made us strictly observe all the precautions taken by surgeons in respect to their patients."― Ivan Pavlov
- "People have to be educated and they have to stick to it. If people lose that respect, an awful lot is lost."― Stephen Breyer
- "I’m pretty upfront about my love and admiration for the military. One of the perks of making movies is that you get to sort of follow your own passions, and I believe quite passionately that we don’t pay enough attention and respect to our veterans. Not just our wounded veterans, but all veterans."― Peter Berg