More From Henry James
- "A man who pretends to understand women is bad manners. For him to really to understand them is bad morals."
- "It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition."
- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."
More In Respect
- "My friendships and relationships in the conservative world are not predicated on political correctness and enforced conformity of thought. They are based, instead, on mutual respect, honesty and understanding – concepts many modern liberals should consider revisiting."― Tammy Bruce
- "I have a wonderful respect for old people."― Craig Kilborn
- "I like to be bought flowers and taken out for dinner. I like a man to be a gentleman. I don’t like to be treated as if I am brainless. I like to be respected and to give respect."― Sharon Stone