More From Harriet Beecher Stowe
- "A woman’s health is her capital."
- "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
- "I would not attack the faith of a heathen without being sure I had a better one to put in its place."
More In Women
- "All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his."― Oscar Wilde
- "Women, we might as well be dogs baying the moon as petitioners without the right to vote!"― Susan B. Anthony
- "They were using the dolls to project their dreams of their own futures as adult women."― Ruth Handler