More From H. L. Mencken
- "Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."
- "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- "Immorality: the morality of those who are having a better time."
More In Relationship
- "Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset."― Saint Francis de Sales
- "I just want my relationship to be more for myself rather than a public statement."― Cynthia Nixon
- "In the best of all possible worlds, February 14 is a pleasant and sentimental opportunity to lavish your partner with attention or move your relationship to the next level."― Pepper Schwartz