More From H. L. Mencken
- "I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense."
- "For it is mutual trust, even more than mutual interest that holds human associations together. Our friends seldom profit us but they make us feel safe. Marriage is a scheme to accomplish exactly that same end."
- "Men have a much better time of it than women. For one thing, they marry later; for another thing, they die earlier."
More In Relationship
- "Religion is man’s attempt to bind himself back to a relationship with God."― Victoria Jackson
- "So on May 1, 1987, at Gary’s invitation, I agreed to see him one last time – to confront him face-to-face about his sincerity and with the intention of ending our brief relationship."― Donna Rice
- "I’m not one of these guys who’s constantly in a relationship, not at all."― Robert Pattinson