More From H. L. Mencken
- "A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar."
- "I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time."
- "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
More In Relationship
- "The relationship between the government of the United States and social and indigenous movements has always been difficult. Not just in Bolivia but worldwide. We need to have bilateral relations characterized by mutual respect."― Evo Morales
- "A lot has been written about Tony Perkins and myself and I figured, Let’s get it straight. I had a relationship with Tony for two to three years, but those are only threads in the tapestry of my whole life."― Tab Hunter
- "On a level of simple personal survival, understanding and forgiveness are crucial… whether in an intimate personal relationship or on a global level."― Edward Albert