More From H. L. Mencken
- "Immorality: the morality of those who are having a better time."
- "The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out… without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable."
- "On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
More In Wisdom
- "I have faith in the market when we get the rules right."― Kenneth Lay
- "Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."― Theodore Isaac Rubin
- "This, and this alone, is Christianity, a universal holiness in every part of life, a heavenly wisdom in all our actions, not conforming to the spirit and temper of the world but turning all worldly enjoyments into means of piety and devotion to God."― William Law