More From Groucho Marx
- "Women should be obscene and not heard."
- "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it."
- "Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms."
More In Life
- "The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls."― Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- "Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone."― Charlie Chaplin
- "The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line."― H. L. Mencken