More From George Soros
- "Bush’s war in Iraq has done untold damage to the United States. It has impaired our military power and undermined the morale of our armed forces. Our troops were trained to project overwhelming power. They were not trained for occupation duties."
- "If the terrorists have the sympathy of people, it’s much harder to find them. So we need people on our side, and that leads us to be responsible leaders of the world, show some concern with the problems."
- "We must recognize that as the dominant power in the world we have a special responsibility. In addition to protecting our national interests, we must take the leadership in protecting the common interests of humanity."
More In Society
- "Congress acknowledged that society’s accumulated myths and fears about disability and disease are as handicapping as are the physical limitations that flow from actual impairment."― William J. Brennan, Jr.
- "One can be instructed in society, one is inspired only in solitude."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Society exists only as a mental concept; in the real world there are only individuals."― Oscar Wilde