More From Guillermo Cabrera Infante
- "What I do believe is that there is always a relationship between writing and reading, a constant interplay between the writer on the one hand and the reader on the other."
- "I read the Odyssey because it was the story of a man who returned home after being absent for more than twenty years and was recognized only by his dog."
- "The relationship between reader and characters is very difficult. It is even more peculiar than the relationship between the writer and his characters."
More In Society
- "We are trying to remake Vietnamese society, a task which certainly cannot be accomplished by force and which probably cannot be accomplished by any means available to outsiders."― J. William Fulbright
- "Society is the union of men and not the men themselves."― Charles de Secondat
- "A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill."― Robert A. Heinlein