More From George Jean Nathan
- "A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy."
- "Bad officials are the ones elected by good citizens who do not vote."
- "Love demands infinitely less than friendship."
More In Love
- "A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her."― Oscar Wilde
- "I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There’s no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it."― Eminem
- "When people get married because they think it’s a long-time love affair, they’ll be divorced very soon, because all love affairs end in disappointment. But marriage is a recognition of a spiritual identity."― Joseph Campbell