More From Eric Hoffer
- "Our sense of power is more vivid when we break a man’s spirit than when we win his heart."
- "We used to think that revolutions are the cause of change. Actually it is the other way around: change prepares the ground for revolution."
- "It is the malady of our age that the young are so busy teaching us that they have no time left to learn."
More In Respect
- "For horror movies, color is reassuring because, at least in older films, it adds to the fakey-ness."― Lynda Barry
- "If guys don’t respect themselves, they don’t respect other people. That’s times and personalities. And all of them are not that way. But it don’t take but one or two to screw up the whole crowd."― Richard Petty
- "We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect."― Michelle Obama