More From Epicurus
- "There is no such thing as justice in the abstract; it is merely a compact between men."
- "It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us, as the confidence of their help."
- "It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men live in a city without walls."
More In Power
- "Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and truly all that comes under thy observation in life."― Marcus Aurelius
- "The energy released by it is enormous and it becomes quite addictive, the power between the audience and the actor."― Fiona Shaw
- "You should see what our Founding Fathers used to say to each other and in the early part of our nation. But what they were able to do, especially in Philadelphia in 1787, four months, they argued about what a House should be, what a Senate should be, the power of the president, the Congress, the Supreme Court. And they had to deal with slavery."― Colin Powell